Pages

February 17, 2012

I can't believe it is already a new year! Bryan and I are getting ready to celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary in a couple weeks. On top of that Derek will be three and Marcus will turn one!
I'm starting a pre-school next week. I figure if I'm going to home school I should stop fretting about it and get started. That is the only way I'm going to build any confidence.
I'm also working on being more prudent with the way I spend my time. I've got a to-do list that is ten miles long and I've begun to accept the fact that I just can't do it all. We nearly completely eliminated processed foods. I realized one night while I was chasing children, answering the phone and door, and nearly sobbing because I couldn't get the tortillas to come out just right (at nearly 1.5 hours after our normal dinner time) that maybe going completely from scratch wasn't the best use of my time. Or the (mentally) healthiest for that matter.
I have started making all our breads but I think we all agree that a box of mac n cheese once in a while never hurt anyone. 

Speaking of bread. Check out the recipe for this deliciousness. Me and this loaf had a serious romance. It was the first successful loaf of wheat bread I've ever had. We ate it in like one day.
Oh, yeah. That came from my oven. It is soft and smushy and made for PB&J. Did I mention I used freshly ground whole wheat? No, seriously.
The website the recipe comes from is all about using your food storage in everyday cooking. I can't believe how simple it is. All this time food storage/rotation has been on my "things that stress Andrea out list" but no more!  And check homemade wheat bread off too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com