We had a yummy homemade fondue dinner with friends this past weekend. Of course, I forgot to get the camera out again so you'll just have to picture bubbling cheese gooey-ness followed by creamy liquid snickers heaven. Yes, I said liquid snickers. It was surprisingly quick and easy and we had a blast. I had fun sitting around and dipping with those oh-so-adorable tiny forks.
**Side note: When I was in high school I worked at a little pizza place and I will always remember one of my co-workers who thought chopped green peppers were adorable. Chopped green peppers? I mean they were little squares of green. Now, I know as a female I find most things in miniature just precious but I have never nor can I ever imagine finding chopped anything sigh worthy. Now if we had actually stocked tiny green peppers this would be a completely different story. I mean just thinking of those makes me grin.**
While the fondue was a hit Bryan stayed true to form and thought the whole process was too much work. That's my casserole man. *sigh* Adorable (in the not-miniature-or-chopped sorta way).
We did a non-alcohol cheese fondue. You can find the recipe here. Not the classic cheese fondue but it was sure tasty and very inexpensive. I actually used apple juice I had on hand instead of cider and everyone loved it.
The dessert fondue comes from a church friend who happens to be an amazing cook.
Liquid Snickers Fondue
16 ounces milk chocolate, broken in pieces (we used almond bark cause it's cheaper)
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
3 Tbsp. hazelnut syrup
Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat and transfer to a fondue pot. Arrange an assortment of bit-sized dipping foods around fondue pot such as fresh fruits, pound cake, marshmallows, angel food cake, and macaroons.
As Derek would say, "num, num, num."
The Best Pumpkin Recipes for Fall
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment