Pages

November 11, 2010

My New Alter Ego: Minivan Mom

You're eyes do not deceive you. It is true. Last week I fell into a vat of toxic waste...with our poor, dead car...and when we emerged we were both transformed. No, don't laugh. It is surprisingly easy to find and fall into such vats. I would be cautious if I were you.
Anyway, now I am officially a minivan mom. I resisted the transformation for as long as I possibly could but in the end it was the only option...you know, like that rock guy on the Fantastic Four. He could always change back but he knew his powers were for good. The embarrassing truth is that I like the thing. I like the sliding doors on both sides, I love the tinted windows, I love not having to crouch to get into it or fasten kids in. Oh, yeah, and there is the space. I have two baby car seats in the middle seat, four other seats available for passengers, and I have plenty o' space up front for diaper bags, coupon binders, etc. Not to mention the fact that I fit all my groceries by the middle seat on my last trip...That is a big deal. I mean I didn't even have to pop the trunk.
We wouldn't have made the jump so soon but our trusty Malibu decided to need about 1.7 billion dollars in repairs (this figure has been adjusted to show frustration inflation).
So there you have it. Now that I'm thinking about it though the toxic waste seems kinda ho hum...you know, been there, done that....I might need a better back story...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com