Pages

February 28, 2011

Distress

Okay, so I was too lazy to move it from in front of Derek's CD player before I took the picture but it is cute anyway, right? I love how it looks aged. I distressed the block after it was painted.(that is why the edges look kinda white.) Up close it looks pretty cool. It was a craft prepared for us at church so it made it way less scary for me. I've never dared to distress my other projects because I was afraid I wouldn't like how they turned out. When it comes to these types of crafts I'm pretty clueless and mine never seem to come out as gorgeous as my friends but I'm pleased with this one. I opted out of the ribbon because I made it for Derek and Baby #2's room and even with white ribbon it made it seem too girly. But if I were going to put it elsewhere a cute combo of ribbons tied in a bow in one of the top corners would have been fun.
Oh the magic of modge podge.Now I just need to decide what to do with the blank wall in the living room. I'm also thinking about vinyl letters to go around the top of the boys' room. Of course I'll probably be just thinking about it until several months after our new arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com