Pages

February 28, 2011

Because I was bored...

I've been tired of making the same list of recipes over and over again so I've started branching out. Tonight for dinner I made this...wow, so I just realized to share something it would be nice if I had a name for it. Well I don't and I won't let you pressure me into making up one on the spot.
(Not so hard to believe we don't have a name for baby #2 yet, huh?)
Nothing fancy, I used left over angel hair, free cream cheese and fresh parm, and a green pepper from the stoplight pepper pack I'd picked up for Philly cheese steak we had over the weekend. I always get nervous when I improv and I'm usually pretty hard on what I make but his turned out surprisingly well.
Not to mention how much I LOVE the smell of peppers and onions sauteing. Oh. My. Goodness. I was walking around the house sniffing even after we finished eating. We're going to be eating a lot of pepper and onions for the duration of this pregnancy.
Speaking of cravings, I'm feeling the desire for some fruit and yogurt parfaits so I'm thinking there will be a batch of granola making in my near future.
I'm also still on my quest to make a successful loaf of bread. I keep trying to make the hard wheat I have in my food storage into light fluffy loaves and I'm starting to wonder about my baking abilities. I think I'm going to invest in some soft wheat and see what kind of a difference it makes...in the mean time I'm going to use flour to determine if my dense loaves are a product of bread being my baking kryptonite.To cheer myself from my bread making blues I think I'll be adding rolls...dinner and sweet...to this weeks list of goodies. Now if I can just make, and stick, to a weekly meal plan I'll be really getting somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com