Pages

August 1, 2011

Consignment Success

We've been blessed that I haven't had to buy clothes for Derek since he was born. That isn't to say I haven't succumbed to a cute new outfit now and then. Mostly he has worn hand me downs from my cousin and a few my sister, Paula, has passed along. As well as various new outfits family and friends have given us.
This consignment season is the first that I've really been gearing up for some serious shopping. My stash of 3T clothes that Derek will soon be transitioning into was sadly lacking in colder weather wear. So last Thursday I hit my first sale of the season to stock up. What a circus! I stopped by the strollers on the way in just in case there was a double jogger...in my dreams...and then went straight to the 3T section. Good thing I didn't get sidetracked any where else. Every other woman in the city decided to try to get there early, like I did, and it was a race to get the clothes you wanted. It only took me thirty minutes to find way more than Derek would need for the fall/winter and then after I culled my picks I headed over to look for a couple 2T church shirts. The racks were all but picked clean. I found a total of 3 polos, two were white and very stained (who exactly did they think would buy those?) and one was a dark green that came home with me.
I admit I went over budget by 23 dollars. I couldn't resist. I came home with thirty items and paid less than $2.50 each. That ain't bad when you take note that I brought home several Gap, Children's Place, and Osh Kosh items in like new condition. As a matter of fact one shirt still had the tags on it. The score I was most thrilled with was a three-piece hooded sweater set. I know I'm not great at pictures but I'll pull out some of my steals and get them up sometime this week.
There is another sale this weekend and I'm planning to scope it out to get a head start on his 4T clothes since my stash of that size is almost non-existent. I'm still hoping to find a good double jogger (odds are better this time 'round because it's the Mothers of Multiples sale) or at least a sit and stand.
Then there is the shoe dilemma. I just bought four pairs of shoes from a co-op and Derek already is growing out of the last pair. Holy moley. I don't like used shoes and I refuse to buy new ones with inch thick immobile plastic soles so that turns out to be a big problem. The brands I would like to buy are like $44 a pair. For a two year old? You've got to be kidding. I've managed to miss all the shoe sales on my favorite discount site too. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com