Pages

October 11, 2011

Derek and the Great Pumpkin

Today we bought a pumpkin. It is half the size of my two year old. Said two year old is in love. As soon as Derek saw the pumpkins at the store his eyes went wide, his jaw went slack, and he held out both arms. He held the pumpkin all the way home...Yes, it was impressive. He even helped me carry it into the house.
I was not prepared for the level of attachment the little man had to the gourd. This presents a problem to me. At our house we don't carve pumpkins...we eat them. Muahahahaha!
Sorry the evil laugh was necessary.
Aldi had these simply massive pumpkins on sale for 1.99 each. That, my friends, is waaay cheaper than buying a comparable amount of canned pumpkin. How much cheaper you ask? Well once I figure out how to separate Derek from his new best friend long enough to get it in the oven I'll let you know. I'm guessing I'm going to get about 12-15 cups out of this baby though.
Hello, pumpkin dump cake.
Heard of dump cake before? This year ours is going to be 100% homemade. Cutting out the processed foods has been much easier than expected and oh, oh, so delicious. I'm going to start posting some of the yummy recipes I've gathered. No pictures at the moment though because my card reader has revolted. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com