Pages

March 16, 2011

57 Free Boxes of Pasta!

*sigh* Just look at them. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE couponing?
This is by far the best pasta deal I've ever gotten and it just so happened to come while we are assessing our food storage. I have a hard time with the idea of paying for pasta in bulk containers when I can get so much for absolutely nothing. This is good stuff too. Tri-color rotini, penne, and whole wheat linguine. I'm just bummed the lasagna and egg noodles weren't part of the deal. Otherwise I would be in complete pasta bliss.
Though pasta was the star today, I did get several deals on my Kroger trip.

57 Boxes Ronzoni Smart Taste, Healthy Harvest, and Garden Delight pasta
   FREE

1 Gallon Private Selection Organic Milk (so excited to buy gallons of organic milk in my regular store for such a great price!)
   $5.29

12 cans Red Gold Tomatoes
   $1.00
1 Philly Cooking Creme
   Overage of .26

1 Organic Ground Beef
   $4.44

2 Dozen Large Eggs
   $2.20
1 Country Crock
   $0.49

1 32oz All-Natural Dannon Yogurt
   $1.49

Veggie Wash
   $3.99
Sunflower Seeds
   $1.99
Dove Men's Deoderant
   $0.99
Gillette Satin Care Shaving Cream
   $0.79
2 16 count StayFree Long w/Wings
   $0.49 (I would like to point out that these numbers are the total for the product listed, not price per piece)
Bananas
   $1.52
4 Classico Pasta Sauce
   $6.00
French's Spicy Mustard
   Overage of  .21

I paid a total of $24.09 plus tax out of pocket. I saved $155.63 or 86%. For the most part the prices listed above reflect my coupons except for my Entertainment Book $5/75 purchase which came off the total.
I do buy organic or all natural animal products (milk, eggs, meat, yogurt etc.) when possible so that does increase my total a little bit. If I had opted for regular milk and meat at this trip it would have saved me an additional $6.00 or so. Because I coupon and stock pile at sales like the current mega event our grocery budget is still tiny even with the organic products.

Last weekend I stocked up on produce at Costco. I also went to Walgreen's last week for the first time in forever because I just couldn't pass up on the PediaCare deal.

I actually went twice.
This is the first trip where I made $0.15 cents after getting the Always register reward. The second trip I got three more PediaCare free. Every time I checked out I got more coupons and ended up having to give them away. As hard as it is to pass up on free stuff, especially when medicine is so expensive, I couldn't jinx our family by having so much on hand. You know?

It's great to be back in the swing of things.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea, great job! I love your savings numbers!

    FYI-the Healthy Harvest Egg Noodles were a part of the Mega Event at the Olive Branch Store. Maybe they weren't marked at yours? Hopefully you can find some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Kudos. I am an avid couponer are well. It's such a thrill to get free groceries :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    Natasha- Thanks for the heads up as well. I'll check it out at my store.

    Lera- I'm glad to hear you coupon as well. It makes me sad when people pay full price...especially since we are in a ward full of grad student families.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com