Pages

March 26, 2011

Squeaky Shoes

A friend of mine did a shoe co-op recently. We got shoes at wholesale. I'm totally excited because I got two Robeez style baby shoes for our new little one for half the cost of what just one name brand pair would have set me back. I've even looked for Robeez shoes at consignment and they were outrageously priced. I guess I understand why people price them so high even when they are used considering how much it probably cost them to buy new. Anyway, I was grateful to be a part of the shoe order because I got a serious steal.
I also bought two pairs of shoes for Derek. The larger size shoes from this particular company are actually squeaky shoes...you know the ones that sound like a rubber ducky when you step down? Well I totally don't like squeaking kids running around. I mean they make enough noise without any assistance. But the shoes were so cute and so cheap I just figured I'd puncture the squeaker and still come out way ahead on the shoe budget. The shoes also have a more flexible sole than those that I've found in local stores. How shoe companies expect kids to be able to walk with half inch think rubber soles strapped to their tiny feet I have no idea. It drives me bonkers.
Anyway, we get home from picking up our shoes and Bryan wants to see how they fit Derek so we put them on before any puncturing had occurred. Derek was absolutely thrilled. I mean he started river dancing just to hear his shoes. I was rolling. Bryan even got out the camcorder. Now I'm reluctant to puncture the stinking things. Derek is so cute when he's grinning ear to ear squeaking this way and that. Also he can no longer sneak up on me...I see these could have advantages. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another order going out and get some silly shoes for him to wear for fun. Maybe that will appease my conscience when I silence these squeakers for good. For now I just don't have the heart to do it.
Squeak, squeak, squeak...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com