Pages

March 8, 2011

Our Anniversary

Bryan and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary over the weekend. I can't believe it has already been five years! Add to that a year of engagement and sort of a year of dating and that totals seven years. Wow.
It seems only appropriate to include the newest song on my list of love songs (I add one every year to the Bryan and Andrea mix). Of course it would be country...


*Sigh* The guys always seem to have the market cornered on awesome love songs. Bryan's addition this year is the Bruno Mars hit. I'm seriously starting to wonder if females can nail love songs...maybe I just haven't heard any lately...highly possible since I rarely listen to the radio.
I digress. We decided to stay at The Inn at Hunt Phelan B&B using a Groupon (I heart Groupon!). We got a suite including a closet the size of my living room for less than $100. It was gorgeous but it didn't come with the promised jacuzzi tub. Prego Andrea required a spa bath so we switched to a smaller room with the appropriate tub and I was very pleased. We had dinner at our most favorite splurge restaurant and just relaxed. I think we were both surprised at how much we missed Derek even though we were only 30 minutes away. We called home to say good night to him *sheepish grin*
We had a great time but I think that had more to do with how much we like hanging out with each other than with the bed and breakfast itself. We always have trouble sleeping when we travel. Our bed must be made of mush or something because hotel beds always feel like a slab of rock.
Then when we went down for breakfast we were served one bagel (total, not each) and a single plate with three strawberries, four blueberries, a few sticks of cheese and two piles of prosciutto. I was waiting for the second course when I saw another couple who had been there before us get up and leave. I mean come on, one bagel? We could have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and gotten eggs and bacon. The last B&B we stayed at had a five course breakfast that was divine. I mean I feel like the whole point in choosing a B&B over a hotel is feeling pampered. I must say Hunt Phelan left a lot to be desired, but Bryan and I had a good laugh over it on the way home...I don't eat uncooked cheese or meat when I'm expecting so Bryan even offered to stop and get me an egg McMuffin. Hehe.
Even with all that I was thrilled spending the weekend with my favorite person. I am thankful for Bryan everyday. And when I see him and Derek together...shoot, I can't even not cry when I'm blogging...I just can't believe how blessed I am.
Cheesy, huh? Totally true though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com